Scott's North Woods Stew
by Scott Dawson
(Clarksville, Texas, USA)
North Woods Stew Ingredients
The ingredients can be varied in amount or what is added in depending on what you like.
I like everything but the kitchen sink in my north woods stews!
- 1 pound of venison- ground
- 1 pound of buffalo-ground
- 16oz Elk steak
- 1 16oz bag of frozen stew vegetables
- 1 16oz bag of frozen mixed, California, stir fry or whatever vegetables to add to the mix
- 1 pack of McCormicks Stew seasoning
- 1 box of beef stock 32 oz
Directions for North Woods Stew
As you can tell start with a large pot for this set up but this is good for several days just refrigerate remaining.
Fix the steak like you would any other steak (salt, pepper, etc) then once it's done cut it in to small bite size pieces.
Brown all ground meat till done and drain if needed.
Mix you meat, vegetables, stew mix in pot and add your stock topped off with water till is just above the top off till above the top of everything.
Cook the North Woods Stew at full flame until all vegetables are thawed and hot. I always serve mine with Cornbread...enjoy!