by Steve Kane
(Courtenay, BC, Canada)
Venison can be Moose, Deer or Elk
* 3-4 lbs of Venison Burger
* 1 egg
* 1 small onion (finely chopped)
* 5 or 6 good size mushrooms (finely chopped)
* 1 sweet pepper (yellow, orange or red) (finely chopped)
* Spice with salt & Pepper, Clubhouse Montreal steak spice, Clubhouse Garlic Plus-(one step seasoning).
Mix all above ingredients together to form an oblong shaped meatloaf, and place in a
large Turkey roasting(pre-sprayed or wiped with olive oil)
approx.3/4-1 lb. of bacon.
Drape bacon over meatloaf in roasting pan, until Meatloaf is entirely covered with
* 1/2 cup water
* 3 cups - small carrots
* 1.5 lb package of mini Red potatoes (yellow flesh)/b
* Add water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Bake meatloaf, with lid on at 400 degrees for 1 hr
* place potatoes around perimeter of meatloaf to fill gaps in Pan, and add carrots over
* 1 - 540 ml can of mushroom soup
After 1 hr at 400 degrees, turn heat down to 320 degrees, pour can of mushroom soup over
meatloaf, and replace lid.
* Cook another 2-1/2 to 3 hrs at 320 degrees.
* Make gravy from drippings. I like to use the "International instant gravy mixes" They make awesome gravy when added to the pan dripping, along with a little corn starch for thickening.
This meatloaf with feed two adults for 3 to 4 good meals. You may have to cook a few veggies after the potatoes and carrots run out though..LOL
Comments for Buckee's Venison Meatloaf Recipe
Click here to add your own comments
Want to learn how to hunt moose? Or are you wanting to increase your moose hunting skills?
Look no further!
Our moose hunting tips book is written with not just the novice in mind, there are tips in the book that even the most seasoned moose hunter will find of value.
The book includes 57 chapters, with more than 150 pages of information, jam packed with tips, techniques and discussions - The Ultimate Guide to Moose Hunting!
Like this page?