Buckee's Venison Meatloaf Recipe
by Steve Kane
(Courtenay, BC, Canada)
This picture is missing the carrots, but you get the idea :)
Venison can be Moose, Deer or Elk
* 3-4 lbs of Venison Burger
* 1 egg
* 1 small onion (finely chopped)
* 5 or 6 good size mushrooms (finely chopped)
* 1 sweet pepper (yellow, orange or red) (finely chopped)
* Spice with salt & Pepper, Clubhouse Montreal steak spice, Clubhouse Garlic Plus-(one step seasoning).
Mix all above ingredients together to form an oblong shaped meatloaf, and place in a
large Turkey roasting(pre-sprayed or wiped with olive oil)
approx.3/4-1 lb. of bacon.
Drape bacon over meatloaf in roasting pan, until Meatloaf is entirely covered with
* 1/2 cup water
* 3 cups - small carrots
* 1.5 lb package of mini Red potatoes (yellow flesh)/b
* Add water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Bake meatloaf, with lid on at 400 degrees for 1 hr
* place potatoes around perimeter of meatloaf to fill gaps in Pan, and add carrots over
* 1 - 540 ml can of mushroom soup
After 1 hr at 400 degrees, turn heat down to 320 degrees, pour can of mushroom soup over
meatloaf, and replace lid.
* Cook another 2-1/2 to 3 hrs at 320 degrees.
* Make gravy from drippings. I like to use the "International instant gravy mixes" They make awesome gravy when added to the pan dripping, along with a little corn starch for thickening.
This meatloaf with feed two adults for 3 to 4 good meals. You may have to cook a few veggies after the potatoes and carrots run out though..LOL